Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sherlock Holmes (movie review)

STARRING: Robert Downey Jr., Jude Law, Rachel McAdams, Mark Strong, Eddie Marsan
DIRECTED BY: Guy Ritchie

Overall liked it. Nothing super fantastic, but quite enjoyable. The costumes and props and set work protrayed the time period very well. The characters were believable-- I like Robert Downey Jr. much better as a detective than a super hero, much more believable. There is a comedic element, I know there were times when I was the only one in the theatre laughing (don't know if that says more about me or the rest of the audience). Also present is the idea of a supernatural thiller, love affairs (for both men), and the ever present underlying "buddy" theme--two individuals making one unit that is utterly incomplete without both parts.

Appologize as this was written sometime after I actually saw the movie, so there is not a lot that has stuck (which clearly says something). Entertaining though.

No comments:

Post a Comment